Friday 28 December 2012

Habana Vieja

Old Habana is a warren of  narrow streets that is easy to navigate, but dark at night,  and usually the bici-taxis have no  lights. In the daytime it iis full of people. I walked up to the Malecon  and looked out  at the Caribbean. I got talking to two women, a Cuban teacher of dance and her friend, a French Canadian. We enthused about the music of Kate & Anna McGarrigle and talked about the sad passing of Kate, mother to Rufus and Martha Wainwright. I looked around the Catedral, various plazas before going to Chinatown for a meal with Indira and Paco.  
During the meal I mentioned a certain problem I was having and we eventually ended up at Cira Garcia clinic in west Habana to get my tube changed. After calming words from the doctor we got a big American car to taxi us into town and went to a bar festooned with Spanish and Andalucian flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment