Sunday 2 December 2012

Adios a Esteli y una aventura empieza en La Mariposa

May be that joke about Wiwilí was a mistake .... but I'll come to that later.
I feel after a bus ride in Nica that I should get a certificate of achievement, as they get mighty crowded and very uncomfortable - especially the microbuseswhich should carry about 10, but manage to squeeze in about 20 - my rucksack tied to the roof with plastic string..
I arrived at La Mariposa - a Spanish language school set up by Paulette, a friend of a friend, six years ago. Before that she had adopted a Nicaraguan girl and lived in Sheffield.
The night I arrived I had a very restless night - I thought I'd eaten something that was giving me stomach ache, but I couldn't urinate.
The next morning by 8.15 I was at a local doctor's having a tube inserted so that the liquid that was making me unable to sit down could be drained. Tomorrow I'm off to Diriamba for a blood and ultrasound test as the doctor think's it's an inflamed prostate.
I'll never make a joke about willies again  

No comments:

Post a Comment