Saturday 24 November 2012

La Semana del Pie

... the week of the foot in other words.  My second week was a disaster. My new trekking sandals has rubbed skin off my toe. I went to the beach for the weekend to a place called Jiquilillo (pronounced hee-kee-lee-yo). It was great to swim in the warm Pacific with baby turtles, watch the sun going down, the stars coming up and an electrical storm over the sea. BUT
My toe got infected so by the Tuesday I was in a doctor's in nearby Chinandega getting an armful of penicillin, 2 loads of anti-biotics and instructions not to walk for 3 days! I had a string of volcanoes down the length of my toe. Luckily Virginia's sister was a nure and she came round morning and evening to get rid of the lava. VIrginia also provided some local plants to decrease the swelling.
So my 4 weeks of tteaching turned into 3, and I stayed at the local school in Tonalá instead of going to  Puerto Morazán where I would have to do more walking  

No comments:

Post a Comment